Last week I created couple Vegan recipes using Mr Organic products and I made a pool on my Instagram stories asking which recipe you guys would like to see first, it was a big battle between the Black Rice and the Linguini al Pesto, but with 52% of the votes, the Black Rice won so here we go the recipe 🙂
I tried the Italian Venere Black Rice by Mr Organic for the first time, creating this easy, quick and nutritional recipe. To get higher nutrition of Protein, I add grilled Tofu & peas and I added Red Chilli for a spicy flavour and thermogenic effect.
- 100g Mr Organic Italian Venere Black Rice
- 100g Birds Eye Petit Pois Frozen
- 10g Red chilli
- 150g The Tofoo Co Naked Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- Heat the pan gently over a medium heat, add tiny bit of rapeseed oil, swirl it round and when its hot add the rice and turn the grains over so they become lightly coated and glistening with oil.
- Measure exactly double the amount of boiling water, pour it in, add the frozen Petit Pois, the red chilli and ¾ teaspoon of salt.
- Stir once only, and put the lid on.
- Turn the heat down to it’s very lowest and time the rice for exactly 15 minutes. From now, do not stir, this is the secret for the perfect rice.
- Meanwhile, grilled the Tofu for 10-15 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Take the pan off the heat and cover it with a folded tea towel for about 5 minutes. This will absorb the excess steam and keep the grains dry and separate.
- Serve with the grilled tofu and enjoy.
Photos credits for Orbanography