So today I am releasing a Halloween Zombies cupcake recipe, chocolate flavour… hmmmmm! Annnnd… it is vegan! Combining it to my Vegan Challenge, I created this recipe with great nutrition and high in protein, I found this cupcake very delicious, it tastes good and it was very smooth! Find below the full recipe.
- For the topping:
- 2 medium sweet potato
- Dark Chocolate chips
- Green Grapes
- Food colouring (optional)
- Writing icing (optional)
- For the cupcakes:
- 2 sachets Vegan Whey Protein Chocolate MissfitsNutrition
- 175g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g coconut sugar
- 50g Hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water mixture (works as an egg replacement)
- 150 ml rapeseed oil
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 50g Grated Dark Chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350F.
- Peel the sweet potato and cube. Boil until soft and reserve.
- Sieve the flour, cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, followed by the coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl and add the egg replacement mixture, coconut milk and rapeseed oil. Mix well with a spoon (no need to use an electric whisk) until it is smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, the grated dark chocolate, the hazelnut and mix well.
- Add the 2 sachets of Vegan Whey Protein Chocolate MissfitsNutrition. Mix well. Add more coconut milk if necessary (until the dough is smooth)
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, take a large mixing bowl and mash the sweet potatoes. Divide the mashed sweet potato in different containers and add the food colouring.
- Cut the grapes in a half and add a dark chocolate chip in the middle of each half grape (this will be the eyes of the zombies).
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool down (2-5 minutes).
- To make the topping, add a little sweet potato in the top of the cup cake and add 2 grapes.
- Add a scary mouth using a writing icing.
Hope you enjoy it 🙂